End of Year Prep and Balance Sheet
May 15, 2022
Welcome to May. It’s time to get ready for the End of Year Process. The newest Presto updates will help you move even faster through the process and get your finances even more organized!
End of Year Preparation
If you haven’t signed in for a while, you’ll be greeted with a new screen to update the “Successor Organization” for your organization. This will be the group that most of your students would attend next year, i.e. your “feeder pattern” for your school district.
If you are a college or university organization or set your graduation grade to 12th grade, you don’t need to set a successor organization.
When you finish the End of Year Process for your organization, Presto will use the successor organization information to automatically send all students and their connected adult relatives to the Presto organization you designate. That helps the feeder organization have the correct data automatically in their system.
What about magnet schools or split feeder patterns?
Great question! You have the option to go to any student’s details page to update their successor organization to another school in the Presto Assistant district. Press the Edit icon and look for the successor organization select near the “Is Eligible” area.
NOTE: this will only show if you have selected a successor organization for your group.
End of Year Process
On the End of Year Process Members step, you can adjust the data for any “Returning Student”. This means that they are continuing on with band, choir, dance, orchestra, or theater after this school year, regardless of grade. For students leaving your campus, update their successor organization to the school they will attend next year.
NEW FEATURE ALERT: You can directly edit the data in the “Update Returning Students” table. Double-click on a cell and select or type a new value. Hit Enter or click away to automatically save the data. Look for “EDIT MODE” to come to more tables soon!
Directors sometimes reach out and ask for features, and we deliver! Now you can download a balance sheet to see how much each member owes at a glance.
You can download a balance sheet from your Dashboard Financial Overview card or the “Overview” page for finances.
Sometimes you need to waive a fee for a member in your organization. Now you can do that directly from the Fees table. Press the triple-dot “More Actions” icon at the end of the row and select “Waive Fee”. A confirmation dialog will pop up for you to enter a reason to waive the fee.
Send Statements to Students Who Owe
A highly-requested feature has landed. Now you can email financial statements only to members that have a balance. You asked, and we built it!
- All PeoplePicker tables that slide up from the bottom of the screen have been converted to use the new Data Table format. It’s quicker than ever to find the data you need on these tables now!
- All data for people in Presto Assistant now includes Middle Name.
- Sending emails is much faster after we got under the hood and tweaked the performance.
- When you sign in, you’ll see a reminder to start the End of Year Process. This will only show up every 3 days now. You can start the End of Year Process from your Dashboard, too.
- On a new email draft, you’ll see the number of recipients directly under the names of the recipients.
- We fixed an issue where relationships between members (like parent/child) would sometimes show up incorrectly.
Get in Touch
Please contact Presto support with any questions or suggestions.